Development Process Steps
Our goal at Biz Webmasters is to make the development process for your new Web site as painless as possible. Just for your information, here are the steps generally followed:
Step 1: Prototype Design
- You (client) signs and returns “Web Site Design & Development Agreement” by e-mailing to email@example.com or faxing to (480) 240-9796.
- You send initial payment (first half of total) to Biz Webmasters (provide credit card information on the form on the next page, or mail your check to: Biz Webmasters / 2846 E. Nora Street / Mesa, Arizona 85213.
- Provide Biz Webmasters with a digital version of your company logo, if you have one. (E-mail it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org). If you need us to design you a logo, e-mail us to make that request and get pricing.
- A Graphic Designer creates a one-page prototype for your approval (you are approving style, color, and basic design layout at this phase).
- You approve or request revisions of the prototype.
Step 2: Content Information Gathering
- You’ll complete the online Development Questionnaire (see link below).
- Send Biz Webmasters the items requested. If we are developing the content for you, please send us as much information as you can, so that we can develop comprehensive and informative site content (that is relevant, keyword-rich content).
Step 3: Research & Copywriting
- Once we’ve received the requested items, we’ll begin copywriting. Or, if you are providing the content, we will begin the website development upon receipt of your content.
- Biz Webmasters will develop a site map based on your content (or our suggestions after researching the industry as we develop your site’s content).
Step 4: Programming & Layout
- Content architecture and layout.
- Creation of pages and links, forms converted to PDFs and uploaded, etc.
- Additional graphics, photos, and sidebars are added after content placement.
Step 5: Final Steps & Going Live!
- Proofing and link testing is completed.
- You will be asked to redirect your URL (if applicable) or we’ll redirect a domain name that we purchase on your behalf.
- You will be billed for the balance of design fees and monthly updates/hosting will be auto-billed on the first of each month.
Now, to begin, let’s start the information gathering so we can hit the ground running!